1 a process in which individuals (or small groups) penetrate an area (especially the military penetration of enemy positions without detection)
2 the slow passage of a liquid through a filtering medium; "the percolation of rainwater through the soil"; "the infiltration of seawater through the lava" [syn: percolation]
- Rhymes: -eɪʃǝn
- The act or process of infiltrating, as of water into a porous substance, or of a fluid into the cells of an organ or part of the body.
- The substance which has entered the pores or cavities of a body.
- The act of entering a physical location and/or organization secretly.
Infiltration may refer to:
- Infiltration (HVAC), a heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) term for air leakage into buildings
- Infiltration (hydrology), downward movement of water through soil
- Infiltration (medical), the diffusion or accumulation of substances not normal to it or in amounts in excess of the normal
- Infiltration (zine), a popular urban exploration zine/website created by Jeff Chapman (a.k.a. Ninjalicious)
- InfiltrationMod, a tactical shooter game
- Infiltration tactics, tactics developed by the German army in 1917 that broke the trench-warfare stalemate on the western front
- An attempt to sneak across a border, or into a guarded place. See also Palestinian infiltration.
- In sociology and politics, infiltration may refer to entryism. For example, organization A's members furtively join organization B so that A can try to take over B
- Urban exploration, exploring parts of towns etc which are normally off-limits
- The Transformers: Infiltration, a 2006 comic book series by IDW Publishing
infiltration in German: Infiltration
infiltration in French: Infiltration
absorbency, absorbent, absorption, access, admission, adsorbent, adsorption, aerial tactics, aggravated assault, aggression, airborne tactics, amphibious attack, applied tactics, armed assault, armored tactics, assailing, assailment, assault, assimilation, attack, banzai attack, barrier tactics, blitz, blitzkrieg, blotter, blotting, blotting paper, breakthrough, brewing, cavalry tactics, charge, chemisorption, chemosorption, counterattack, counteroffensive, coup de main, crippling attack, dead set at, decoction, defensive strategy, descent on, digestion, diversion, diversionary attack, drench, drenching, drive, ducking, dunking, encirclement, encroachment, endosmosis, engrossment, entrance, entree, entrenchment, entry, exosmosis, feint, fire tactics, flank attack, frontal attack, gas attack, head-on attack, imbruement, imbuement, impingement, import, importation, importing, imposition, impregnation, income, incoming, incursion, infantry tactics, influx, infringement, infusion, ingoing, ingress, ingression, injection, input, inroad, insertion, insinuation, instillation, instillment, intake, interference, interjection, interloping, interpenetration, interposition, interposure, interruption, intervention, introduction, introgression, intrusion, invasion, investment, irruption, leaching, leakage, lightning attack, lightning war, lixiviation, maceration, marination, mass attack, megadeath, mob tactics, mobile tactics, mugging, obtrusion, offense, offensive, onset, onslaught, osmosis, overkill, panzer warfare, penetration, percolation, permeation, pervasion, pincers movement, pulping, push, reception, run against, run at, rush, sally, saturation, seepage, seething, shock tactics, soak, soakage, soaking, sopping, sorption, sortie, souse, sousing, sponge, sponging, steeping, strategy, strike, suffusion, tactics, trespass, trespassing, unlawful entry, unprovoked assault